In the Game of Thrones, you live or you die. Or you borrow your friend’s HBO Go and binge the entire season six, and live-tweet it like a madman hooped up on Coke Zero and pizza rolls. Coming back for its seventh season, this groundbreaking show has had us on the edge of our seats and rooting (and crying) since its shocking first season finale, and we can’t wait to see where this season will take us with its political and fantastic twists and turns. You might not have time to binge season six in preparation for Sunday night, but you certainly have time to plan for a party worthy of a Lannister. Here is our perfect Game of Thrones party planning guide!
To begin, make sure everyone has an awesome cocktail. We went ahead and found three amazing cocktails to get you started, along with linking to a few other amazing ideas. Also, if anyone asks for a purple drink or red wine, just tell them it’s too soon.
Taken from A Heaping Spoonful, we start our list with a cocktail inspired by our favorite frozen monstrosities against man and nature, the White Walkers, with their White Walker Cocktail. Fill a large glass with ice, pour some white chocolate liqueur half way, and top it off with vanilla cream soda. To finish it off and give it that ghostly blue color that haunts our nightmares, gently pour a spoonful of blue curaçao over the top. You’ll end up with a deliciously cold and sweet cocktail sure to chill you to the bones.
The next cocktail comes from the always charming sugar soul, this time with a cocktail inspired by my favorite character The Viper and his fight with The Mountain, a fight that totally didn’t leave me speechless and writing canon-correcting fan fiction.
For this cocktail you’re going to want to pour a hard cider into a cocktail glass. This represents the Mountain, because it’s full bodied, simple, and even though I like it I want to throw it out a window for hurting my favorite Martel. Next, fill a shot glass with cinnamon apple (a small combination of Fireball and Dr. McGillicuddy’s Apple Pie should do the trick) and drop it into the cider. To give it an extra punch, why not serve it chilled over some actual stones to really push how mountainous it is? Enjoy how pretty it is and how heart wrenching that scene was.
Our last cocktail comes again from A Heaping Spoonful, this one has class and finesse that’s sure to please a queen, or the Mother of Dragons. Take a melon baller and take out two small scoops of dragon fruit, and then serve over a nice Rosé. This drink is worthy of the Unburnt, as it goes down smooth and delicious.
Once everyone has their cocktail, might we suggest a nice little drinking game to go with it?
- Take a drink whenever Cercei drinks
- Take a drink whenever Tyrion drinks
- Take a drink if anyone dies
- Finish your drink if you didn’t see it coming
- Take a drink if anyone gives a speech
- Finish your drink if it’s actually a really great speech
- Take a drink whenever Tyrion is snarky
- Take a drink when you root for a Stark
- Finish your drink if you root for a Lannister that’s not Tyrion or Jamie
- Take a drink when your less involved friend asks who a character is
- Take a drink when your more involved friend knows the entire family tree of a character
- Take a drink when something bad happens to a Stark
- Finish it if it’s their own doing.
- Take a drink every time you want a dragon.
- Take a drink whenever a family slogan is said (Winter is Coming, A Lannister Always Pays His Debts, etc.)
Also, much like Game of Thrones, there should be prizes for doing cool stuff. Perhaps a paper crown for whoever wears the best costume, or maybe a special snack for whoever can answer the most Game of Thrones trivia. Just remember, there’s only room for ONE prize! After all, in the Game of Thrones, you live or you die.
Let us know how your party turns out on our social media, and make sure you check out all of Epare’s quality products fit for a king!