I was looking to spice things up in the kitchen- and the perfect meal to go with a bottle of red wine. I decided to try a dish that I haven’t tried before, one that I could add a twist to with my own glaze- salmon steaks! I knew this would be a low-carb, easy to make, and aesthetically pleasing meal (seriously, isn’t the shape so cool?)
We already had some Italian seasoning in the kitchen so I decided to make grilled salmon steaks Italian style. I didn’t want the steaks to lose any flavor so I made sure to generously season them with Italian seasoning, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. I oiled the grill and grilled the steaks for eight minutes on each side.
Lime juice is the key to delicious salmon steaks so I decided to make a lime butter to drizzle on them once they were off the grill. The lime butter was simple, a quick concoction of melted butter, lime juice, and pepper. The steaks looked perfect and I completed the pretty plate with rosemary garnish, and of course a glass of Pinot Noir.
- Preheat and oil your grill.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of crumbled dried thyme, and 1 teaspoon of crushed dried rosemary.
- Season the salmon steaks and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the steaks with the seasoned side down first, turning them after 7-8
- Melt 1 stick of butter and combine with ¼ cup of lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- Drizzle the lime butter on the salmon steaks to taste.
- Add rosemary garnish, pour yourself a glass of red wine and enjoy!