Do you ever gather with your friends and spend an hour trying to figure out what to do? It can become quite boring and expensive to go out all the time. A girl’s night in is a great way to gather all the girls, eat amazing food, have some drinks and talk about the cute neighbor that just moved in. Or if you and your friends are married, then it’s a great way to get away and have some girl time and still talk about that cute neighbor that just moved in.
What’s the first thing anyone mentions when there’s going to be a shindig? The alcohol. Because let’s face it, that can either make or break the party, even a small get together like this. Create a small cocktail list and have your friends each bring a few ingredients. This way you can create a few drinks and the cost is split between everyone. Pick cocktails that have the same base and you will only need to buy an assortment of flavors. In the “spirit” of this (see what we did there?) we present a couple cocktail recipes with a rum base:
1 slice of lime
2 sprigs of mint
1 tbsp sugar
2 oz club soda
2 scoops lime sorbet
2 oz white rum
- Crush the mint into the lime and sugar using a muddler or a spoon
- Add in the rum, club soda, sorbet, and enjoy
Blackberry Mint Lemonade
- 10 blackberries
- 3 leaves fresh mint
- 1 ounce freshly squeeze lime juice
- 4 white rum
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- club soda
- Muddle the blackberry, mint and lime juice in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the rum and pineapple juice, along with a few pieces of ice, and secure the lid onto the shaker. Shake for 30 seconds until the liquid is chilled.
- Pour the cocktail into 2 ice-filled whiskey glasses and top with a spritz of club soda.
Side Note: Make sure you have the proper glassware. The cocktails above would preferably be featured in whiskey glasses:
Nothing is tackier than serving everyone in different size and style glasses. Actually there is one thing tackier, plastic red cups.
No one wants to put together a full dinner when the whole point of Girl’s Night is to relax. Instead have everyone make some finger foods! This is a great way to have a wide variety and to split the tasks so no one person is left cooking and cleaning. Think small and easy to prepare. Cheese and crackers, sliced deli meats, hummus, chips and guacamole, etc. For a quick dessert, dip strawberries into melted chocolate and let them chill in the freezer overnight. You could also make fruity ice cubes by simply putting sliced fruit into ice trays and freezing overnight.
Let the Activities Begin!
Now that everyone is fed, we can commence to the activities for the night. Is it really girl’s night without some pampering? Bring out the pjs, face masks, and nail polish because it’s chill time. Girl’s night is a great time to de-stress together. Make sure your friends know to wear comfy clothes. You aren’t going out, so think sweats and sneakers, not tights and high heels. Grab some face masks or have each friend bring some of their favorites for everyone to try. Once everyone is masking and relaxed, it’s time to play a game. My friends and I particularly like the game called Identity. It’s a simple yet fun game.
Here’s how to play:
- Each friend write a noun on a sticky note
- The notes are then passed down clockwise (just until you know you won’t get your own)
- Do not look at the paper, instead stick the note onto your forehead
- With each turn you are allowed to ask one yes or no question that will give you clues as to what you have written on your forehead.
- Game continues until last player guesses
Ending the night
After everyone is well fed and pampered it’s time for a movie to end the night. The easiest way for everyone to agree on a movie is to pick out of a hat, or else this could take a few hours. Pop in the flick, and sit back with some fresh cocktails and the rest of the finger foods.
With a night like this, you don’t have to break the bank to have fun and you most definitely don’t need to go out. You may also find that a night like this can be more intimate. Has it been a while since you and the girls really had a chance to talk uncensored in a private setting? Give them a call and set something up now. Have fun ladies!