There’s not much better than a fall brunch get together with the pals! As the air gets cooler and crisper, the leaves change colors, and autumn smells and spices make their way back into our homes, so brings the opportunity to spice up our recipes -- literally. As we get deeper into the fall season, we urge you to broaden your horizons in the kitchen. There are so many new twists you can take as the head chef in your own home. To help inspire you to push the limits in the kitchen, we are going to show you two easy additions to a classic breakfast combo to create the perfect autumn-themed meal.
Fall Vegan Pancakes
This change on a classic breakfast favorite is sure to impress even your dairy loving friends! Many people believe that making vegan food can be expensive and difficult, but this recipe is simple and scrumptious. Feel free to add whatever toppings you like. Don’t be afraid to try something new, like butterscotch chips or peanut butter. If you’re feeling festive, you can also throw in some pumpkin pie spice into the batter, or use a sugar mill to top with some fresh, natural powdered sugar. If not, you really can’t go wrong with some pomegranate seeds, or an in-season, freshly picked apple and maple syrup! This recipe can be completed in under 15 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Whisk the water and oil together in a small bowl. Pour in the wet mixture into the bowl of dry mixture. Stir until blended.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
It’s tough to beat a coffee in the morning to get you moving. But in the fall, making your own pumpkin spice latte can add a fun autumn touch to your morning routine. A PSL from Starbucks has lots of added sugars and NO PUMPKIN, so we thought to add a healthier alternative that is low in sugar and has the real deal in this post. Feel free to create your own pumpkin spice mixture instead of buying it from a store as well. In our last blog post, we explain how pumpkin spice is composed of just a few spices that you might even have in your pantry already, so go check that out if you want a low-cost, fresh alternative!
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 2 tbs pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan on stove. Stir until everything is mixed and heat to desired warmth.
- Use a milk frother for 15-20 seconds to make the delicious, delicate milk foam.
- Transfer coffee mixture to your favorite mug and top with milk froth and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
With these simple tips, you can make your usual brunch favorites into your own signature dishes that will leave your friends wanting more. Something as simple as adding pumpkin spice and in-season fruits into your recipes can make a world of a difference when trying to make a simple, yet impressive fall recipe. Be sure to check out Eparé’s glassware and lifestyle products to make the most of your brunch experience! Show us your version of these recipes by tagging us on Instagram, or tag us a pic of your own autumnal creation that we just need to try!