There’s no better feeling than sipping on an uplifting beverage to celebrate women’s achievement on International Women’s Day. Not sure what to fill up your glass with? No problem. We have selected the tastiest drinks from 3 of the most inspiring women in recent years. Get ready to raise your glass and make a toast for gender equality. #EachforEqual
A Cup of Magic with J.K Rowling
It’s no secret that the world’s most famous author was once a struggling single-mom facing hardship, but she never quit on her dream. Most of her days were spent in cafés where she would scribble her wizarding world on paper.
The one powerful boost she had to push through the daily fatigue was an energizing cup of coffee. That cup of fresh brew a day helped her create an inspiring legacy for us all to enjoy.
You may love coffee but don’t fancy spending hours in a café only to order more when your drink gets cold. The Eparé Retro Coffee Mug set is the perfect candidate to help you celebrate both the irresistible flavour of coffee, along with the inspiring women in your life, all from the comfort of your own home.
The latest 12oz design is big enough to spark your imagination and bring out all the magical ideas while keeping your drink at the perfect temperature for longer.
Here’s how to make a delicious latte for your coffee mug
Pour your espresso shot into the base of your Eparé Retro Coffee Mug. Add a shot of flavoured syrup if using. Use a spoon to retain microbubbles on top of the steamed milk. Pour the bottom 2/3 of the steamed milk from the steaming pitcher into the coffee mug. Top the latte with the remaining bubbles. Serve and enjoy!
Oprah Winfrey’s Party-starter Cocktail Tastes Better than Paradise
If you need a delicious cocktail that’s ridiculously refreshing, Oprah Winfrey has got you covered.
One of the most influential women over the past few decades, Oprah sure knows how to get the party going in style. Her favourite go-to cocktail “Maui in December” keeps guests entertained all year round. This tropical cocktail is made with fresh ingredients that will have you sipping in paradise.
It’s part zesty (with lemongrass and ginger), part fruity (from pineapple-infused vodka), with a hefty dose of powerful antioxidants; pleasantly sweet yet packs a powerful punch. Shaking up this fresh drink will give everyone a taste of the island and will certainly be your new summertime favourite; it’s like a vacation in a glass!
Oprah loves to sip on her guilty pleasure surrounded by people she loves; so gather around the special women in your life, raise an Eparé Highball Glass, and make a toast to celebrate women’s achievement.
How to Make This Tropical Bliss
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 lemongrass stalks, root ends trimmed and outer leaves reserved for garnish
- Bottle of vodka
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 thumbnail-size slices peeled ginger
- ¼ cup chamomile tea, chilled
- ½ cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- Cut off top and bottom of pineapple and remove skin. Cut flesh into quarters; slice out the core from each. Place 2 quarters in a blender and blend until smooth. Drain into a glass and refrigerate.
- Place remaining pineapple and lemongrass on a medium-high grill and cook 4-5 minutes each side. In a large canning jar, place smoked pineapple, lemongrass, vodka, and mint. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- To make cocktails, muddle ginger in a shaker filled with ice cubes. Add ½ cup infused vodka, ½ cup pineapple juice, tea, and lemon juice.
- Shake and strain into your Eparé Highball Glass, garnish with lemongrass leaves and serve. Cheers!
Halle Berry’s Guilt-free Celebration Wine
Love a glass of red but hate the hangover?
Our next taste of inspiration comes from Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry. Known best as a beauty queen and movie legend; she now inspires millions through her healthy lifestyle. Her diet-friendly red wine will give you guilt-free sipping. You can enjoy celebrating International Women’s Day without sacrificing the next morning!
The health-conscious superstar chooses low sugar, natural, sulfate-free wines to maintain her figure while enjoying her favourite drink. We have listed 3 low sugar red wines to fill up your Eparé Double Wall Wine Glass. The best part is your wine will stay cold for longer, as you enjoy a floating optical effect; perfect for a night of celebration!
Misterio Malbec, Penfolds Bin 28 Shiraz, and Dry Farm Wines are excellent choices that are certain to get Halle Berry’s approval. You can pour straight from the bottle into the glass or if you’re looking to add more punch to the party, we have listed a healthy sangria recipe for your guests to enjoy.
- 1.5 bottles dry red wine
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 2 cups sparkling lemon/orange flavoured water (no added sugar)
- 1 pear diced
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 2 oranges diced
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Combine everything (except sparkling water) in a large pitcher. Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, add sparkling water to the pitcher, stir completely, pour into your Eparé Double Wall Wine Glass and wow your guests while making a toast for equality!